Thread: Prudential RideLondon - Surrey Classic

Default Prudential RideLondon - Surrey Classic

There are times when our suffering is so intense that any form of human contact is unbearable. Such were my feelings on Sunday morning as I cycled up a vertiginous Surrey incline that goes by the name of Leith Hill. I was in the lowest possible gear, and my legs were churning and my heart was pounding and gouts of sweat were running off my nose and splashing on the crossbar of my bike; and then I became aware of a companion.
    Out of the corner of my eye I saw someone imitating me – pedalling alongside and puffing with satirical glee. He was one of those Gollum-like creatures whose Lycra appeared to be shrink-wrapped about his spindly form. His legs were as brown and thin as Victorian dining room chairs, and he seemed to be so totally hairless that one could imagine he applied Veet to every portion of his anatomy in order to minimise wind resistance. A sign on his bony pelvis proclaimed that he belonged to a Norwich cycling club.
    “Garn, Boris,” he cackled, “put your back into it, you fat b------.” I smiled weakly, and tried to indicate that though his advice was no doubt excellent, I preferred, like some wounded animal, to be left alone with my pain. “What?” said the cyclist, mock-offended. “I’ve waited years for the chance to torture you, and I’m not going to miss it this time!”
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...-rolls-on.html

OK own up - who was torturing poor Boris?

If Boris thought he was going to get all the way around that course without anyone tormenting him, he is even more misguided than most politicians.... and it was definately not me, I dont qualify for the description on several counts.... and that is before you get on to the fact i dont have any kit with Norwich Cycling club on it

Where was Damien last weekend ?

And the question has to asked what was he doing so far back ????

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    And the question has to asked what was he doing so far back ????
    Damien was never the best on the hills....

Rich. Putting the lard into bollard