Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TdeF game

Quote Originally Posted by JamieA View Post
    as a spectacle I am sure it was great - but as a DS, the last two days have decimated my team. I have lost a Shleck and Farrar. Wiggins cocked up his prolouge and good old Jens seems to be using up a vast amount of energy supporting Fab and whichever Shleck is still upright. Still, at least I dont have any Garmin riders - do any of them still have a full compliment of ribs?

Thank God for Geraint Thomas. Second in the GC as well!
    That's cycling though Jamie and it is good to see some excitement in the first 7 days for a change anyway. BTW I was in Rotterdam for the prologue and is was absolutely p*ssing down when Wiggins went off and completely dry when the otehr favourites went and before Wiggins rode 2 riders had already come off and smashed themselves up. I think it was good that he took it easy as it isn't just about 1 day, and he has already made the time back on Armstrong.

I agree with you about the excitment Ian - like the Giro before. I do however think its a shame when riders who (I thought at least) would be contenders for Green or Yellow go out so early through crashes. Of course thats bike racing, but never the less, Schleck took a hell of a tumble.

with regards to Wiggins, I bow down to your superior knowledge of the day and his ride in particular, but I do wonder whether he was being to clever by half. The leading contenders all knew their weather reports and the start slots yet as far as I am aware, choose to stay where they were put. If Wiggins had done the same he would be higher up the field. Its all very well saying this with the benefit of hindsight, but I would argue that gambling on the weather whilst your nearest rivals are blocked together perhaps wasn't the wisest move.

Anyway - I'm still raising a glass the the big G!

what do we make of yesterday's stage; are you with Paul or are you with Phil on Contigate and the slipped chain? Does anyone else have a stomach full of anger?!