Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barton 10 TT - Thursday 17th June

primrose hill

Quote Originally Posted by James W View Post
    Well, you inspired me to go and ride it! I am sure it's steeper than it used to be... It's a total beast of a climb - 41m continuous climbing from the lowest to the highest point (OK it goes up even higher after the descent 2/3 of the way up). Two and a half minutes of solid climbing! No way! That's like at least 10 Col du Mill Road Bridges. And it's nearly FOUR percent average!

Although Tom would eat it for breakfast.
    Do you mean the road from Six Mile Bottom up to Brinkley? I have to get up there every night on my way home. I have to say I find it hard work sometimes with my laden bike weighing about 30kg. It's good for making up ground on people who have overtaken you previously on their racers though Bizzarely I managed to puncture a marthon plus coming down it in the week - something I previously I thought was impossible Where can I buy some solid tyres?

Will the results for the TT be up soon? The anticipation is killing me!

Don't bother with solid tyres Duncan, they knacker your hubs and ruin the lovely squashy comfort of a marathon plus at 50 psi! Just put up with the odd puncture and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Murphy View Post
    Do you mean the road from Six Mile Bottom up to Brinkley? I have to get up there every night on my way home. I have to say I find it hard work sometimes with my laden bike weighing about 30kg. It's good for making up ground on people who have overtaken you previously on their racers though Bizzarely I managed to puncture a marthon plus coming down it in the week - something I previously I thought was impossible Where can I buy some solid tyres?
    no one has ever passed me along there! the road that runs along to west wratting always seems harder !! you being a real tester might have to push your bike round the bends tho!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Murphy View Post
    I don't have a lot of choice actually, there's virtually no flat roads around here. It's quite annoying sometimes!

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Newmarket-Hilly
    i would add going up to ashley via mill road to that circuit.... nice climb for a tester that one

Quote Originally Posted by PNuT View Post
    i would add going up to ashley via mill road to that circuit.... nice climb for a tester that one
    Yeh good idea, I'll add that next time and go back down Gazeley road.

I usually get passed along the flat from the Wilbrahams to the A1304. Nobody has gone past me on that hill either yet - it's funny but even with my great tonnage I catch them up going uphill but then get dropped as soon as the road goes down the other side. Just too much drag and those tyres don't seem to roll well when the speed picks up.

1st Cat

No results yet?