Thread: Beware of the dog - Vineyards Lane, Northaw

Exclamation Beware of the dog - Vineyards Lane, Northaw

Going up Vineyards hill towards Northaw is hard enough, but this morning was made much harder as I had a large dog attached to my calf by it's teeth!

It could have been worse, but there was no other traffic around and a a well aimed punch to the mutt's nose made it loose it's grip before it removed any flesh. I do have a set of teeth marks in my leg that required cleaning and dressing at the docs with hopefully no lasting damage.

SO beware of a large liver coloured pointer type dog that lives at Tudor House in Vineyards lane (it's the house just after the bottom of the hill on the Northaw side). Hopefully the local police will give the owner a caution and possibly a muzzling order on the dog.

Administrator

This dog is a renowned cyclist attacker, sounds like you got lucky Bob.
    Dermot had a similar attack to this in January, also Alan Rochford was attacked too!

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Live View Post
    This dog is a renowned cyclist attacker, sounds like you got lucky Bob.
    Dermot had a similar attack to this in January, also Alan Rochford was attacked too!
    If that is the case, then I'll make sure that the police do something about it. I'm still waiting for them to take a statement from me.

get the bl00dy thing put down, i would.
    "It never gets easier, you just go faster."
    Greg LeMond

4th Cat

I use that lane regularly and have also had the pleasure of meeting that mutt, but fortunately no bite! Local council(Cuffley and Northaw) may be of use if the owners fail to take responsible action...

Quote Originally Posted by IanT View Post
    I use that lane regularly and have also had the pleasure of meeting that mutt, but fortunately no bite! Local council(Cuffley and Northaw) may be of use if the owners fail to take responsible action...
    The police will probably be able to press a criminal charge along the lines of "failing to keep a dog under control in a public place" as well as the biting issues as there is evidence that it has in fact bitten at least 2 others plus me.