Thread: ERRL Club Competition - Points Scale

Elite

Default ERRL Club Competition - Points Scale

If we're going to change the points awarded to clubs for results in E123 races, perhaps we could make another change at the same time.

For the club competition, let's award the higher points for the first four places that are given in Band 4 of BC licence points scales.

You'd get 15/12/10/8 points for coming 1st/2nd/3rd/4th rather than 10/9/8/7.

This better reflects the higher achievement in winning a race.

It will encourage more positive and attacking racing.

It will reward teams who work together to get one rider on to the podium rather than have two top ten finishers. Better leadouts ought to produce fewer crashes.

All good things.

1st Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Robins View Post
    Hmmm... I actually like that idea. Weights things towards going for the win a bit more.

I'd say submit it as a separate item from the other changes though. Those are more to address BC's concerns with our NAT B events.
    Go Canada!

-Eric-

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Robins View Post
    If we're going to change the points awarded to clubs for results in E123 races, perhaps we could make another change at the same time.

For the club competition, let's award the higher points for the first four places that are given in Band 4 of BC licence points scales.

This better reflects the higher achievement in winning a race.

It will encourage more positive and attacking racing.

It will reward teams who work together to get one rider on to the podium rather than have two top ten finishers. Better leadouts ought to produce fewer crashes.

All good things.
    I take it this 'club points' change proposal would be for all ERRL events?

I've always thought that it would be good to reward the team who has 'won' the race too.
    However, this years final standings have been really close and came right down to the wire with 3 teams and ELV not too far behind. Would this change bring significant gaps at the top?