Thread: Ed Taylor

Blog Entries

Default Ed Taylor

Dan, Digby, any chance of a report on this?

I'll have a go:

It all kicked off on the first lap as soon as we were deneutralised after the first ascent of the hill. Dan Staite tried a couple of efforts but had a pack of Glendene riders marking his every move. Just after the first corner Alex Dowsett attacked and Julian Newton went with him immediately. I bridged across shortly after (but that is much easier written than it was done - there was a strong headwind on this leg and Alex and Julian weren't hanging about). Alex won every single hill prime, on both the hills, but waited for Julian and me on all but the last lap. On the penultimate time through the finish he just carried on and did the last lap on his own. Julian did most of the work in our last lap 2-up but didn't seem too upset that I took 2nd. Meanwhile Dan had got a chase group going and was gradually shedding his companions. With three laps to go he was down to Sean Kilroy, Daniel Crawley and Ian Cammish (Dan insisted on waiting for Ian when he was dropped on the hill - worth having his horsepower for the flats). Dan did at least the last lap on his own - if not the last two - and was closing fast on Julian and me.
    Digby Symons
    dds11@cam.ac.uk
    01223 760502

Quote Originally Posted by dds11
    I'll have a go:

It all kicked off on the first lap as soon as we were deneutralised after the first ascent of the hill. Dan Staite tried a couple of efforts but had a pack of Glendene riders marking his every move. Just after the first corner Alex Dowsett attacked and Julian Newton went with him immediately. I bridged across shortly after (but that is much easier written than it was done - there was a strong headwind on this leg and Alex and Julian weren't hanging about). Alex won every single hill prime, on both the hills, but waited for Julian and me on all but the last lap. On the penultimate time through the finish he just carried on and did the last lap on his own. Julian did most of the work in our last lap 2-up but didn't seem too upset that I took 2nd. Meanwhile Dan had got a chase group going and was gradually shedding his companions. With three laps to go he was down to Sean Kilroy, Daniel Crawley and Ian Cammish (Dan insisted on waiting for Ian when he was dropped on the hill - worth having his horsepower for the flats). Dan did at least the last lap on his own - if not the last two - and was closing fast on Julian and I.
    Sounds good to me. I only attacked with just under a lap to go on the finish hill though once everyone was despatched ;-)