Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Points System for Brickendon 10's

Default Points System for Brickendon 10's

A real discussion topic at last

Last night at the committee meeting we were reviewing the points structure for the Brickendon time trials

Current system is 10 points to 1st down to 1 point for 10th and best of 10 races

Andy suggested that we should change this so the points awarded to the winner are based on the number of North Roaders competing with one point for the last rider. This would then reflect the quality of the opposition. However we had a reservation that if the weather was poor then no-one would turn up to race as there would be fewer points available because there would be fewer riders in total. Currently if it?s raining you get more riders than you would expect as they are all chasing high points expecting no-one else to turn up.

An alternative system is to have maximum points based on the number of riders starting (or finishing)

For example

10 riders or less

10 points for win

20 riders or less

20 points for win

30 riders or less

30 points for win

Any ideas anyone?
    I really can't be bothered

I think we should keep this simple. The problem we've currently got is that you don't get rewarded for a win, 2nd place, etc. You can score highly just by riding lots of events.

Perhaps the following point system would work:

1st - 20
    2nd - 15
    3rd - 12
    4th - 10
    5th - 8
    6th - 6
    7th - 4
    8th - 3
    9th - 2
    10th - 1

We could maybe add the caveat that says "if there are 3 riders or less then you can only get a maximum of x points... " but that's probably unfair. If it's raining and you turn up to race then you probably deserve the points! It show's you're strong. YEAH.

Lets backtrack......

Is the current system generating mucho wailing and gnashing by the riders, do we hear shouts of "foul play" :?: Does it need to be fixed if it aint really broken :?:

p.s. Look on the bright side; new dad Darren's not going to get any sleep for the next 3 years, so we'll all move up a notch anyway :wink: Calm down and have a nice pot of tea and a chocolate hob-nob..............mmmmm :lol:
    Dip me in honey and throw me to the lesbians!

I agree with heff, if it aint broke....If non club members want to get involved in points table do what I did and join NRCC
    I'll be Back!!!!!!

This is not about non members. Points will only be available for club members

How about bit like the BC points system

up to 10 riders, 15 for win, down to 1 for 10th
    up to 20 then 20 for win down to 1 for 20th
    up to 30 then 30 for win down to 1 for 30th

so more opposition more points but doesn't discourage attendance when weather is bad. Also it may encourage attendance coz if someone is after points then they will turn up to beef up the numbers.

etc.

we also would like to award points to those who don't get many. We could then have a separate B category competition.

Problem then though is do we still have best of 10 coz your best 10 maybe when there were alot of riders?

But that's why it's on the forum aint it?

Excuse me for butting in but a win is a win is a win you can only beat the ones that turn up so points should be the same each week but you could extend the list so everyone who finishes or starts gets a point
    Sucess comes in cans not can'ts

Administrator

Changing the number of points depending on the no of riders is a def a bad idea. Pete's got the right idea, do the points formula one style

OK

Good idea about more points for winning compared to 2nd place but should we extend the points mayde top 15 or top 20. That way there are more points to go round. We could then have a B league.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Badger
    OK

Good idea about more points for winning compared to 2nd place but should we extend the points mayde top 15 or top 20. That way there are more points to go round. We could then have a B league.
    OK good idea, how about for people below 5ft 5 qualify for the B league

looking at last years results I think the orders about right. Nough said :?:
    I'll be Back!!!!!!