Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chain gangs

Quote Originally Posted by HellyBelly
    Tim
    Is Heather going to be running a Ladies chain gang this year? If so when will it start?
    There are at least 4 CCC ladies (probably more) who are keen to do this this year if there are enough Ladies from the tri club and Uni club to make a good sized group.
    Heather won't be running one as she is unlikely to be in Cambridge enough. There do seem to be a lot of lady cyclists around at the moment so it should be possible to keep one going. Just needs someone to take the initiative...

I know there are some guys in the Triathlon Club who are keen to lead a slightly slower alternative to the regular chaingang.
    -----------------------------------
    www.PerfectCondition.Ltd.UK
    -----------Bike Fitting-----------

Is it starting tomorrow? 6.45pm or is it earlier this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hudson
    Is it starting tomorrow? 6.45pm or is it earlier this week?
    Yes. 6:45.
    www.PerfectCondition.Ltd.UK
    -----------Bike Fitting-----------

Cool see you then..

2nd Cat

Quote Originally Posted by dstaite
    Cool see you then..
    Legs recovered from the Archer?

2nd Cat

Generally, how far down does the ability level extend in the chaingang?

i.e. - Is there any point in a rider that is usually one of the stronger ones in a normal "sporting" club run turning up, or is it race training/sporting++ only :roll:

Neil

If you happen to see a Cambridge jersey up the road getting closer and closer tonight, don't worry - it's not a failed lone solo breakaway. It'll be me.

I ride out from Dry Drayton straight after work and join the short route circuit in Toft around 7pm.

I think there's a good chance you guys will catch me. I wish I could say that's only because I'm on 48 x 18... ;-)

1st Cat

Default Ability Levels

Quote Originally Posted by nmcgann
    Generally, how far down does the ability level extend in the chaingang?

i.e. - Is there any point in a rider that is usually one of the stronger ones in a normal "sporting" club run turning up, or is it race training/sporting++ only :roll:

Neil
    Ideally we should probably be splitting the group, but from the sounds of things that's been difficult to put into practice in the past. There can be a whole range of ability levels, but the lead group will likely include at least one elite rider and a couple of cat 1's - once the ride hits the hills, it will be tough for anyone who isn't capable of a Cat 2ish race pace to hold on.

However, there's a good chance you'll be able to regroup with others who are shelled out the back and ride your own mini-gang. This will depend on who shows up - if there's not many non-racers there you may have a lonely ride back into town. Then again, you may end up with plenty of company. A couple of my more enjoyable rides last year were actually when I got dropped - I ended up working in a good steady group closer to my ability level.

The short route is probably a good opportunity to find out where you'll fit in because it doesn't get too far from Cambridge so you won't get left too far afield if you are dropped on your own.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by dstaite
    Cool see you then..
    Legs recovered from the Archer?
    Not really. Done only 100 miles last two days... On the slim fast plan atm cus I got dropped on the climb last time up...

I DNS'd tonight sorry folks, needed some QT with Mrs Staite :wink:

Next week :-)

Cheers
    Dan

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ability Levels

Quote Originally Posted by ego_land
    Ideally we should probably be splitting the group, but from the sounds of things that's been difficult to put into practice in the past. There can be a whole range of ability levels, but the lead group will likely include at least one elite rider and a couple of cat 1's - once the ride hits the hills, it will be tough for anyone who isn't capable of a Cat 2ish race pace to hold on.
    Cat 1? Cat 2? Have we moved to the states? 1st cats and 2nd cats please! 8)