Thread: Club Suspension

Elite

Default Club Suspension

The ERRL Committee have received several complaints concerning the selection of riders for the Paul Simon Homes road race on Sunday 21st May 2017.

After requesting an explanation from the organiser, the Committee have decided to suspend Finchley Racing Team for 1 year from the date of their event, as allowed for in our rules, for failing to apply the selection rule.

Their members will no longer be given preference of entry to ERRL Regional A and B events.
    Joan Potts

3rd Cat

Default Appeal wonted

Quote Originally Posted by pottsie View Post
    The ERRL Committee have received several complaints concerning the selection of riders for the Paul Simon Homes road race on Sunday 21st May 2017.

After requesting an explanation from the organiser, the Committee have decided to suspend Finchley Racing Team for 1 year from the date of their event, as allowed for in our rules, for failing to apply the selection rule.

Their members will no longer be given preference of entry to ERRL Regional A and B events.
    Only one rider complained from EL Velo that he never received a ride despite claiming to have more points than his 3 other team mate and never got preference to rides.
    Well if you check the standings his team mates are there and riding with good points, he does not even have a single errl point to speak of and I was fair in my 3 per team choices bar a couple of the teams which entered over 6 riders each and I gave them 4 per team to cover this.
    Await your reply Joan

Finchley RT

Selection of riders from the same team are to be made using BC points over this season and last year also. ERRL points doesn't come into it.

If an ERRL team enters 6 riders then they all MUST get a start before any non-ERRL riders.

http://www.errl.org.uk/rules.php section 11
    James "V2" Samuel

3rd Cat

Quote Originally Posted by V2 View Post
    Selection of riders from the same team are to be made using BC points over this season and last year also. ERRL points doesn't come into it.

If an ERRL team enters 6 riders then they all MUST get a start before any non-ERRL riders.

http://www.errl.org.uk/rules.php section 11

Who are you???

Stagiaire

Quote Originally Posted by EnergyGel View Post
    Only one rider complained from EL Velo that he never received a ride despite claiming to have more points than his 3 other team mate and never got preference to rides.
    Well if you check the standings his team mates are there and riding with good points, he does not even have a single errl point to speak of and I was fair in my 3 per team choices bar a couple of the teams which entered over 6 riders each and I gave them 4 per team to cover this.
    Await your reply Joan

Finchley RT
    I'm not sure what bearing this has on the matter. You are simply confirming that you didn't follow the ERRL rules on rider selection. If you want to start talking about a specific rider you should take it offline. To discuss an individual rider (whose done nothing wrong) on a public forum is disrespectful and unhelpful.

Roger Maidment
    ELV

Elite

Quote Originally Posted by EnergyGel View Post
    Await your reply Joan

Finchley RT
    As James pointed out it is not League points it is BC Points from this and last year. I send every organiser a copy of the rules and I point out in my email that Rule 11 must be adhered to.

I have the BC points for all the riders in your event and the rules were not followed, including the part about taking the best rider from each ERRL club then the next until the field is full of ERRL riders. The only time an organiser should reject ERRL riders is if they would be in the reserves and did not select to be a reserve.

The only time you can put non-ERRL riders in your main field is if you do not have sufficient entries to fill it.
    Joan Potts