Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crash(es) tonight at Comberton

Default Crash(es) tonight at Comberton

Any news on the severity of the injuries tonight (sustained by Wes I believe) at the Branch road / Long road junction?
    He wasn't the only one, someone else fell off warming up in front of me but fortunately no car was involved in that one.
    Race was abandoned.

Ambulance wasn't in hurry to leave once Wes was inside so hopefully not too serious.

Hi all,
    Sorry for screwing up the TT!

Thanks for the concern. The medics needed to to all the spinal stuff before they drove anywhere. They thought it was a open fracture but luckily they were wrong. Its 'only' soft tissue damage-. ie, my left tibia is/was exposed. Gave me some morphine which sorted it out- thankfully- since the shock/adrenaline was wearing off after almost an hour on the tarmac. Was at Addies until 3pm whilst they cleaned off the bone/wound. Its actually a smallish wound but very deep and needed to pick out lots of debris. I was lucky I think that my front wheel/fork/frame took the brunt of it or else I might me much, much worse.
    Thankfully I'm not fitter: Any faster on my part and I would have been at the turn sooner and underneath the wheels.

I didn't finish or break any records so I failed the Ken Platts test.

PS: What kind of car was it? A nice one I hope?
    Last edited by WesUllrich; 01-08-2014 at 09:16 AM.

Blog Entries

Very glad you're "OK" Wes.

Wes

Glad you are ok ish and sorry to disappoint you but car was only a vauxhall corsa!
    Steven
    P.s that morphine is good shit get your doctor to prescribe some codeine that's good too!

So what happened? Did you slide off and then get hit by the vauxhall?
    Lucky for you it was such a feeble car and not a range rover with bull bars or something.

Hi Wes,

Pleased to hear you are not badly broken, hope you make a quick recovery.

Martin.

(I vote for Tramadol.)
    Last edited by MartinC; 01-08-2014 at 01:18 PM.

Yes good to hear it's not as bad as first feared,

Duncan, I don't think the car hit Wes but "just" his bike after he had come off.

Hope you have a speedy recovery Wes.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
    Hi Wes,

Pleased to hear you are not badly broken, hope you make a quick recovery.

Martin.

(I vote for Tramadol.)
    Same here, hope you make quick recovery Wes. So nothing broken -see you on the club run on Sunday. Tramadol is good up to a point but it didn't numb stuff enough to sleep for me. You also need to get the prescription whilst the medics are still feeling sorry for you early days as they seem to be getting more reticent prescribing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Ertner View Post
    Yes good to hear it's not as bad as first feared,

Duncan, I don't think the car hit Wes but "just" his bike after he had come off.
    The car definitely hit me. I got a very close look at the wheelwell of the Vauxhall after the front of my bike crumpled. The bumper (or whatever the bumper crumpled) then smashed into my legs. The were picking pieces of plastic/paint out of my leg for the better part of an hour.

The wheels came out in the corner- Laura says I wasn't overcooking it- and then I slid on my hip/ankle until the Vauxhall hit me and spun me around 540 degrees.