Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Club Race results 2014 - all disciplines

2nd Cat

Brilliant if we did win the team prize. Can we make it anther team win next week at the Lea Valley 30! That's also the ECCA 30 championship, David you should have your eye on winning the trophy

2nd Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pearce View Post
    David you should have your eye on winning the trophy
    Well he only went and did it Even with miles in his legs from a race yesterday, he won in 1:05:58. For me I was very disappointed I didn't make it a Cambridge CC One-Two, I missed out on second place by two seconds with 1:07:31. Still pleased with my ride though, much much faster than I have ever been before on the E1 course.

That's the season over for me, it's been a great year for me personally plus helping the club win three team prizes and ECCA medals. Good luck anyone racing over the next few weeks, and have a good winter, might make it on a club run too

On Saturday there was quite a turn out by Cambridge CC at the Norland CC open event on the F14/25. Quite a few CCC people marshaling and also a few riding. I did 54.47 to win by 3 minutes, Nick who was not feeling well did 1.00.14 for 4th, missing out on third place by a second. Jan did 1.06.47, and a PB for power. Me, Nick and Jan won the team prize! Julia did 1.12.18 and was third woman. Poor Shane Norvel had to abandon.
    Thanks to every one who marshaled! Yay us!

On Saturday I did my last race of the season! To be honest I was a bit lacking in mojo. I found myself rummaging through my suitcase of courage, sniffing the underpants of success to see if they could last one more day, scraping off the crusty flaky "memories" of past glories before popping them on inside out.

I already did my last TT of the season last week, the Norwich ABC, which I won btw. This week the event was the ECCA hill climb up Radar Hill near Cheltenham. Radar hill is not very steep, but quite long with a dip in the middle. One moron rode it on a TT bike... oh wait, that was me.

It was dry and quite warm at the start, but then it absolutely chucked it down a few minutes after the first rider set off. I paced it really badly, so was pretty surprised to be told that i had won by 3s, beating Colin Ward into 2nd. James Ward was 5th and Ralph Keeler was 6th, and although more than half the entrants were from Essex Road CC, we bagged the team prize!

4 in a row and 15 open wins in total, not that I'm counting or anything. Best season *ever*! I'm celebrating by cracking open a bottle of kummel and eating a whole box of krispy kreme doughnuts!

Last weekend a number of CCC people teamed up to ride the Dusk 'til Dawn 12 hour MTB race at Thetford. CCC entered 3 teams: two in the mixed-4 category, and one in the mens 3 person category.
    In the mixed 3's, the team of Ed Farnell, Laura Massey and myself, which shall be called the 'A Team', narrowly beat out Dave Mclean, Karla Boddy and Shane Norval to take 3rd place. We put in 15 laps in 11:18, but only had a gap of 1.5mins over Dave/Karla/Shane at the end, so it was very close. But the important thing is we beat our teammates..er, I mean, we had fun.

We're all happy with the result as the registration was unclear, and the mixed-3 teams were lumped together with mixed-4 team results, so CCC took 3rd and 4th place in the category, but each had one rider less than the 1st and 2nd place teams, not to mention the rest of the teams we beat. The 'A Team' also had to overcome a few hiccups: the start of the race was marred by the lead-out quad-bike taking the field the wrong way, which led to the whole starting field of 100+ having to come to a complete stop, turn around, and go full gas. The result was though went from being in the top 20, to being in the bottom 20. The team also had some digestive issues that delayed a handover at about 2am...I was happily not involved.

The mens-3 team was 8th. The field was very competitive, and it was a successful MTB debut for Steve Fuller who rode his old school rockhopper well, and Chris Brown who put in extra laps when needed!

Quote Originally Posted by WesUllrich View Post
    Last weekend a number of CCC people teamed up to ride the Dusk 'til Dawn 12 hour MTB race at Thetford. CCC entered 3 teams: two in the mixed-4 category, and one in the mens 3 person category.
    In the mixed 3's, the team of Ed Farnell, Laura Massey and myself, which shall be called the 'A Team', narrowly beat out Dave Mclean, Karla Boddy and Shane Norval to take 3rd place. We put in 15 laps in 11:18, but only had a gap of 1.5mins over Dave/Karla/Shane at the end, so it was very close. But the important thing is we beat our teammates..er, I mean, we had fun.

We're all happy with the result as the registration was unclear, and the mixed-3 teams were lumped together with mixed-4 team results, so CCC took 3rd and 4th place in the category, but each had one rider less than the 1st and 2nd place teams, not to mention the rest of the teams we beat. The 'A Team' also had to overcome a few hiccups: the start of the race was marred by the lead-out quad-bike taking the field the wrong way, which led to the whole starting field of 100+ having to come to a complete stop, turn around, and go full gas. The result was though went from being in the top 20, to being in the bottom 20. The team also had some digestive issues that delayed a handover at about 2am...I was happily not involved.

The mens-3 team was 8th. The field was very competitive, and it was a successful MTB debut for Steve Fuller who rode his old school rockhopper well, and Chris Brown who put in extra laps when needed!
    You'll have to wait for the next CCC newsletter for a detailed d2d race report!

Quote Originally Posted by davidm View Post
    On Saturday I did my last race of the season! To be honest I was a bit lacking in mojo. I found myself rummaging through my suitcase of courage, sniffing the underpants of success to see if they could last one more day, scraping off the crusty flaky "memories" of past glories before popping them on inside out.

I already did my last TT of the season last week, the Norwich ABC, which I won btw. This week the event was the ECCA hill climb up Radar Hill near Cheltenham. Radar hill is not very steep, but quite long with a dip in the middle. One moron rode it on a TT bike... oh wait, that was me.

It was dry and quite warm at the start, but then it absolutely chucked it down a few minutes after the first rider set off. I paced it really badly, so was pretty surprised to be told that i had won by 3s, beating Colin Ward into 2nd. James Ward was 5th and Ralph Keeler was 6th, and although more than half the entrants were from Essex Road CC, we bagged the team prize!

4 in a row and 15 open wins in total, not that I'm counting or anything. Best season *ever*! I'm celebrating by cracking open a bottle of kummel and eating a whole box of krispy kreme doughnuts!

Congratulations on an excellent season Dave!

Thetford Winter Series Round 2

A bunch of us rode this last Sunday.

In the men's 2hr race Niall O'Briain, Oly Caddy and myself came 24th, 18th and 12th respectively.

Stuart Donald was 41st in the vets 2hr.

Nil point to Gordon Hollingworth and Chris Brown for abandoning the 4hr race...

Top marks to (2nd Claim) Andy Cockburn for winning the 4hr men's by 23 mins for Newdales Cycles!

All results here: http://timelaps.co.uk/assets/uploads...07%2F12%2F2014