2) Approve minutes of 2012 Annual General Meeting
    3) Annual Report
    4) Treasurer’s Report
    5) Website Manager’s Report
    6) Election of Officers
    Chairman – Currently Joan Potts
    Secretary - Currently Margaret Hargreaves
    Treasurer - Currently Ann Illingworth
    Website Manager – Currently Vacant - Site being temporarily managed by Hugo Robins.
    7) Election of the Committee (Up to 4 ex officio)
    Present committee (Includes Officers as above)
    Malcolm Hargreaves (Colchester Rovers CC), Peter Richardson (London Phoenix),
    Lee Desborough (St Ives CC) and Kevin Curtis (Stowmarket CC).
    8) Proposed ERRL Rule Changes
    Proposed by Committee:-
    Rule 7
    Add after the words in the first paragraph“one or more races” – the words “open to both male and female riders except in the case of National A events.
    Note: There have been enquiries concerning the running of a women only event as a club's commitment to the League. It was pointed out that our rules do not cover this point.
    We do not have awards for women and therefore it should be made clear in our rules.
    Rule14 c
    Remove the words “restricted to members of ERRL clubs only”.
    Note: It has for some time been the practice to use National B events open to all riders
    for the ERRL Championship racebecause it proved impossible to get a club to run a
    National B event restricted to ERRL members only. Additionally BC would downgrade the
    points if such an event was restricted. BUT SEE NEXT.
    Rule14c Proposed by Malcolm Hargreaves – Colchester Rovers CC.
    Remove paragraph c The requirement toorganise a Championship race.
    Note:-We already have an ERRL champion decided upon points gained throughout the season . It seems of little value to hold a one day championship race which can be won by a rider from outside the league leaving the first league rider perhaps many places down but winning a cup ? There have been some years where in any case such an event has not been held.
    Rule 13
    Proposed by David Hales – VCRevolution:-
    Amend to read…Member clubs may provide Regional Commissaires and Assistant Commissaires but MUST supply either an Accredited Marshal or a proposed CSAS Trained Marshal who MUST in turn perform a minimum of 3 duties per season. This marshalling requirement to take effect for 2015 but those clubs currently without a Marshal should work towards providing one during 2014.
    9) Club Applications to join The Eastern Road Race League
    Autostrasse Porsche Race Team
    Rapha Condor CC
    CCLondon
    Richardsons/Trek Road Team
    Peterborough CC
    Cycles Uk
    10) Confirm Road program for 2014 and ERRL Championship Road Race
    11) Agree location for 2014 AGM
    12) Prize presentations
    13) Any other competent business.
    14) Close meeting.
    Joan Potts

2nd Cat

How much support is there for David Hales' proposed change to the rules that all clubs must now provide a marshall?

This strikes me as unreasonably moving the goalposts after the league decided that clubs had to supply either a commissaire or marshall a couple of years ago.

I know it is a perennial problem finding accredited marshalls - part of the reason we no longer hold our race in Essex - but in my view the league shouldn't be messing people around like this.

Although I'm a delegate I'm afraid I wasn't planning to turn up to the meeting unless there was something controversial to decide. I would therefore be very interested to know whether anyone - who is planning to turn up and vote - supports this proposal.

Gray Turnock
    Finsbury Park

Clubrun Cowboy

I am not a delegate and will be at the AGM. I completely agree with Gray to this proposal. There are also lots of people that are not confident or authoritative enough to stop traffic. This is a very responsible duty which if not proformed correctly may have serious consequences, not only to the riders but other road users.

Brian Potts

Stagiaire

Could someone please confirm when and how subscriptions are due?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    How much support is there for David Hales' proposed change to the rules that all clubs must now provide a marshall?

This strikes me as unreasonably moving the goalposts after the league decided that clubs had to supply either a commissaire or marshall a couple of years ago.

I know it is a perennial problem finding accredited marshalls - part of the reason we no longer hold our race in Essex - but in my view the league shouldn't be messing people around like this.

Although I'm a delegate I'm afraid I wasn't planning to turn up to the meeting unless there was something controversial to decide. I would therefore be very interested to know whether anyone - who is planning to turn up and vote - supports this proposal.

Gray Turnock
    Finsbury Park
    I tend to agree our club now provides two commisaires who attended many events last year 15 between us I make it and as a Cambridgeshire club we do not use accredited marshalls in fact for our promotion we have closed roads enforced by a traffic order and the police which we pay for! I however think the point is that there are many clubs that do neither but they race week in week out. That said something needs to be done that is more robust as it is simply not fair that the burden for marshalling falls on so few who get called upon time and again and this may be the only way. How about a few that actually race giving up the odd weekend to keep the sport going? I do intend to attend the meeting and to put forward this point of view.

Tom Caldwell
    St Ives

Elite

Quote Originally Posted by willmcf View Post
    Could someone please confirm when and how subscriptions are due?
    The subscriptions are due at the AGM and should be paid by your delegate. If you will not be sending a delegate to the meeting then send your payment to our Treasurer now. Her contact details are on the bottom of the AGM Notice on another thread or you can find them on the main ERRL Website under contacts.
    Joan Potts

I am getting a bit confused here. Does ERRL not stand for Eastern Road Race League.

Is the league to accommodate clubs in the Eastern region or can clubs from any part of the country allowed to join.

It strikes me that a club from anywhere in the country could organize a race of Nat B or above and qualify, but not really for the Eastern region.

Letting clubs from say West London to join and having a race, would mean riders from Norfolk having a 6 hour round trip for an Eastern event.

More dates with 2 races at the same time will leave some organizers with half fields.

Elite

All the new applications are from Eastern Region Clubs. Going from the BC list of clubs only three of our existing members are registered in other Regions and one of them runs their event in Eastern.

If there is a concern about too many clubs in the League, you can alway put a proposal on next years Agenda restricting the number of clubs and the Region of BC in which they are registered. You could also attend this years AGM and request the committee to come up with a proposal for next year reflecting this.

You also have the opportunity at this years AGM to vote for or against these clubs.
    Last edited by pottsie; 12-11-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    Joan Potts

Joan I wouldn't get the meeting in time being in deepest darkest Essex from my work, but is there no limit on how many clubs are in the league.

With only a certain amount of dates available to promote a race on, will clubs that can't get a date for their race get kicked of the league for not promoting?

2nd Cat

they can always put on nat B events on days when there are only reg Bs. Although I appreciate there is the question of accredited marshalls/race officials to consider...

which brings me back to David's suggestion. If there is some support for this can I suggest the meeting considers an alternative:

- the rule only applies to clubs promoting in areas where accredited marshalls are required; and
    - in those cases, where a club already provides a commissaire but not a marshall the requirement to provide a marshall will only apply from the point at which the club's current official(s) cease to fulfil their role(s).

this would deal with my concern about moving goalposts and be fairer on clubs who don't promote in areas requiring a marshall.

Like Trevor I'm afraid having looked at my work diary next week I think it's highly unlikely I'll make it but would be grateful if the meeting could consider those points.