View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. ELV training camp

Quote Originally Posted by wheel View Post
    I've booked - training for training camp starts now. From Sat 25th to March 4th.
    Anyone hired a bike yet, not keen on the bequi bikes (yes I am a bike snob) and bimont is closed until early Feb and seems you can't book online (?) - part of me admires this continental insouciance but my Anglo Saxon side just wants to book something
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Something Positive

Hi everyone,

As usual it has been a while since I posted anything. After the recent tragedy at the Severn bridge road race I was contacted by my friend John Heaton-Armstrong (who has written for this blog before) with some positive action we can all take from this in order to move forward and make road racing safer:

The Community Safety Accreditation Scheme was introduced into the 2002 Police Reform Act by the 2005 Serious Organised Crime and Police Act.

Updated 08-03-2013 at 05:22 PM by David Mclean

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Guest Post!

It's been a while since I posted, sorry but there isn't a whole lot to report cyclingwise, except to to say that I have started riding again, but only a little bit. Perhaps it's time soon to do a post about my ongoing recovery, but not yet.

Below is a post from John Heaton-Armstrong about BC and the current state of the domestic racing calendar:

British Cycling at a crossroads?

by John Heaton-Armstrong on Tuesday, 18 December 2012 at 07:05.

Updated 18-12-2012 at 10:26 AM by David Mclean

Categories
    2012 - Meridiana Kamen
  4. Legacy

I remember May 29th 2005 like it was yesterday, do you? Of course you do. The place: Indianapolis. The man of the hour: Dan Wheldon.

Indeed, from that moment on in Great Britain our lives changed forever and a new era began. Yes, the country shut down that weekend and we celebrated from the rooftops, it was the first British Indy win of many, here is a photo ...

Updated 05-10-2012 at 12:31 PM by David Mclean

Categories
    2012 - Meridiana Kamen
  5. Keep Racing on the Roads. Please.

There is no doubt that British cycling is alive and well at the highest echelons of performance - Britons won the Tour, the world champs and pretty much the entire velodrome; there's also no doubt that British cycling is alive and kicking at the grass roots level too - membership has doubled since 2007. It makes sense to assume that all is well in between, too, right? Unfortunately not; BC is the governing body for beginnerís racing, Regional racing (2nd and 3rd cats), all levels of women's road ...

Updated 07-09-2012 at 12:07 PM by David Mclean

Categories
    2012 - Meridiana Kamen
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast