View RSS Feed

http://mclean.errl.org.uk

1. The Final Countdown

My fundraising do went ahead on Tuesday at Primo, it was a great evening and despite being pretty nervous beforehand everything went to plan. Although we didn't manage to get the full amount we got quite a bit, got the ball rolling again and are getting really close to the target now, expect something in the Cambridge News shortly (in addition to last week's short piece). So a big thank you to all those who came, helped and bought shares, the weakness of the euro is also helping, too. If anyone ...

Updated 21-01-2012 at 08:33 PM by David Mclean

Categories
    2012 - Meridiana Kamen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	David McLean 079..jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	616.1 KB 
ID:	1199   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cycle testing 3..jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	490.3 KB 
ID:	1200   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	David McLean 016..jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	524.8 KB 
ID:	1201   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	David McLean 001..jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	596.4 KB 
ID:	1202   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	David McLean 056..jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	609.5 KB 
ID:	1203  

2. Gran Canaria - the big catch up.

I have just returned from a big week of training in Gran Canaria. I went last year (which can be read about here) and stayed in Puerto Rico, this time I stayed slightly inland and a little further along the coast, close to Puerto Mogan. If anyone has ever been to Gran Canaria before they will know how intensely mountainous (and volcanic) it is. The scenery is extreme and the roads are just an endless succession of very long climbs. For those not interested in my training please skip straight to ...
  3. #HappyNewYear @davidmcleancycl

For those that read my previous blog, I have decided to make a twitter account. I wasn't sure whether I would like it or not but I think I am getting the hang of it. At the very least I don't think it is as inane or pointless as I did beforehand, if you care to follow me then here is the link - @davidmcleancycl.

Because of my now 100% healthy knee (thanks Core Cambridge) I have really missed going out on the bike the amount that I am used to. Thankfully the unpleasantness is behind ...

Updated 04-01-2012 at 09:35 PM by David Mclean

Categories
    2012 - Meridiana Kamen
  4. Good news: I have reached the point of no return!

Firstly a very Merry Christmas to one and all.

Apart from Christmas a lot has happened in the last few days to do with whether I will be cycling next year. We have managed to get a shortened contract which will end in June, not perfect but at least the team want me enough that they are willing to make concessions.

So it is with a massive thankyou to everyone that has helped so far that I am heading off to Italy to sign the contract in the next hour. It is a great milestone ...

Updated 25-01-2012 at 08:35 PM by David Mclean

Categories
    2011 - Meridiana Kamen
  5. Progress report

I am pleased to confirm that since the launch of the website that the sale of shares in David Mclean for 2012 has indeed begun. At the current rate we won't get enough in time but I am confident that things will pick up as the word gets out, it has certainly given me hope that what we are doing might just work.

The info about shares and invites for the fundraising event at Primo Cycles in Cambridge on the 17th of January are being spread by email and word of mouth only at the moment. ...

Updated 23-12-2011 at 02:30 PM by David Mclean

Categories
    2011 - Meridiana Kamen
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast