View RSS Feed

2010 - Frezza - Pasta Montegrappa

1. An Admission

First of all I'm really sorry that I haven't posted in a while but also I have a frank admission to make that may surprise you all...

Sometimes with all the pressure we feel we have to do things that we don't want to do.... There are sponsors and we have to get results.... It's difficult.... what more can I say?

So it pains me to write this but I am afraid that .....I am going to have to drive all the way to Preston and do the Preston GP EVEN THOUGH I DON'T WANT TO. ...
  2. Welland Valley RR and more data.

Last weekend I had a trip to Leicestershire for a national B road race, it was a pretty good quality field with Matt Stephens, Rob Sharman and Kevin Dawson (among others) attending. The course had a couple of hills, one was long and stepped up to the finish, the other was short and steep with a long flat cross wind section afterwards. The winning break formed with 3 laps to go up the finishing climb, slowly at first, it seemed to drift off the front whilst the bunch split and I was getting a bottle. ...
  3. East Yorkshire classic

Not much to report this week. I went 'oop north for another premier calendar, this one started and finished in Beverly in Yorkshire, I had confidence from Sweden but premiers still confuse me. They are so aggressive and you never know what the hell is happening. This time at least I decided to get stuck in and go with the attacks and even attack myself a few times. Its draining but necessary if you want to get a result in one of these races - it would be far better to just put a 5k climb in. The ...

Updated 24-07-2010 at 11:23 AM by David Mclean

Categories
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4806412872_db9be2b502.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	153.9 KB 
ID:	635   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4806388422_e3dc9942c8.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	636   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4805792921_cc3deebb46.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	180.9 KB 
ID:	637  
  4. U6 Stages 4,5 & 6 - Modesty out the window.

Stage 4 was a 47k crit around the centre of Tidaholm, crits aren't normally my thing but sneaking into winning breakaways (see stage 3) aren't normally my thing either - so I had a good feeling about the stage. I know that all I really needed to do was hang in there and save energy for the TT but I couldn't hold back, I felt too good. With 5 of the last 25 laps to go I attacked and got a big gap, unfortunately the guy I got away with was rubbish and so we didn't have enough firepower to stay away, ...

Updated 28-07-2010 at 10:10 PM by David Mclean

Categories
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2696.JPG 
Views:	165 
Size:	164.9 KB 
ID:	630   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DAVID MCLEAN SWEDEN.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	270.6 KB 
ID:	631   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	david mclean podium 3.JPG 
Views:	169 
Size:	170.9 KB 
ID:	632   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a david mclean podium.JPG 
Views:	191 
Size:	176.4 KB 
ID:	633   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	david mclean podium 2.JPG 
Views:	181 
Size:	266.0 KB 
ID:	634  

5. Sweden U6 Tour, stages 1,2&3.

Hello fellow blog readers, I finally have something interesting to write about: I am doing a stage race in Sweden and (as of writing) I am doing quite well.

The U6 tour is a bit of a national cycling institution in Sweden, it is held in and around the town of Tidaholm, which is about a 3rd of the way from Gothenburg to Stockholm. There are 6 stages in 6 days for several different age groups and categories of riders. The town is flooded with cyclists for a week and although Sweden ...

Updated 08-07-2010 at 01:21 PM by David Mclean

Tags: sweden Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast