View RSS Feed

2011 - Meridiana Kamen

1. Good news: I have reached the point of no return!

Firstly a very Merry Christmas to one and all.

Apart from Christmas a lot has happened in the last few days to do with whether I will be cycling next year. We have managed to get a shortened contract which will end in June, not perfect but at least the team want me enough that they are willing to make concessions.

So it is with a massive thankyou to everyone that has helped so far that I am heading off to Italy to sign the contract in the next hour. It is a great milestone ...

Updated 25-01-2012 at 09:35 PM by David Mclean

Categories
    2011 - Meridiana Kamen
  2. Progress report

I am pleased to confirm that since the launch of the website that the sale of shares in David Mclean for 2012 has indeed begun. At the current rate we won't get enough in time but I am confident that things will pick up as the word gets out, it has certainly given me hope that what we are doing might just work.

The info about shares and invites for the fundraising event at Primo Cycles in Cambridge on the 17th of January are being spread by email and word of mouth only at the moment. ...

Updated 23-12-2011 at 03:30 PM by David Mclean

Categories
    2011 - Meridiana Kamen
  3. New website + the big event

I am pleased to introduce my brand new website - http://www.davidmcleancyclist.com. It was created by my Pasta Montegrappa team mate Wojciech Szlachta. Thanks Wojciech for putting it together at such short notice!

And before any loyal ERRL blog readers ask, yes I will be continuing with this blog, it will remain on the ERRL site but also here on the new site.

The website is something I really should have done a while ago, it is also part of a bigger plan to raise sponsorship ...

Updated 12-12-2011 at 11:39 AM by David Mclean

Categories
    2011 - Meridiana Kamen
  4. For sale, update

Not a huge amount has happened in the last few weeks, there isn't much good news, either so i have punctuated my paragraphs wth entertaining links. A couple of doors have closed on me but my offer with Meridiana remains on the table, the amount I need to raise is looking increasingly daunting however. Before my last blog post I had already raised around a third of the money that was required thanks to a couple of generous private backers. Since the blog post I haven't managed to increase my sponsorship ...

Updated 12-12-2011 at 11:28 AM by David Mclean

Categories
    2011 - Meridiana Kamen
  5. It makes the world go round.

Lots of people have been asking me what I'm going to be doing next year, the truth of the matter is that I really don't know yet. The other truth of the matter is that I actually do have an offer to join Meridiana for 2011... but at the moment I am unable to take it. This is due to circumstances relating to how I got the gig there in the first place and my old team among other things. Running a cycling team costs money and that money is supplied by sponsors, the Croatian riders are backed by the ...

Updated 17-11-2011 at 07:49 PM by David Mclean

Tags: sponsorship Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    2011 - Meridiana Kamen
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast