PDA

View Full Version : Welwyn Hilly 25/3/05

The Bish
28-02-2005, 04:12 PM
Can anyone give me details of the course so I can ride it before the event? I am looking forward to the ups but don't want to suddenly discover any sudden bends at the bottom of the downs :shock: :( :oops:
Thanks

Sam the Eagle
28-02-2005, 06:44 PM
Start. Gt North Road just south of Lemsford.
North to Rabout, where Right. Next Rabout Left onto B197 over hill and down to Welwyn. Rabout go Leftand throuth nex Rabout to Clock Rabout where Left. At Welwyn Rabout Right to Codicote and then along B656 to Hitchin. Take 2nd Left at Moorehens Rabout onto Hitchin Bypass. Turn Right to Charlton and then Right onto A505 to Luton. Turn R to Offley and Up Hill. Down to Lilley Road where Right.At Crossroads Take Stoney Hill North. Then first Right and follow to Church Road back to Lilley Bottom Road where Left. Follow to Whitwell. Right up Horn Hill and across to Kimpton where Left and then Right up Ballslough Hill. On to Cross Roads past Crossed Keys PH. Here turn Left down to Wheathampstead Rabout where Left. First Left into Codicote Road. Follow to Ayot St Peter Road where Right. Finish 400m up this road. 31 Miles.

The Bish
28-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Thanks Mr Eagle, marvellous, I hope to potter round at least once, sometime in the weekend of the18/19 March and maybe an evening after that.

Sam the Eagle
28-02-2005, 07:42 PM
Potter - you :lol: make me laugh.

Let me know when and if I can get off work early I will join you.

Badger
28-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Thanks Mr Eagle, marvellous, I hope to potter round at least once, sometime in the weekend of the18/19 March and maybe an evening after that.

well if you are available that weekend you should be in the Cotswolds

Badger
28-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Start. Gt North Road just south of Lemsford.
North to Rabout, where Right. Next Rabout Left onto B197 over hill and down to Welwyn. Rabout go Leftand throuth nex Rabout to Clock Rabout where Left. At Welwyn Rabout Right to Codicote and then along B656 to Hitchin. Take 2nd Left at Moorehens Rabout onto Hitchin Bypass. Turn Right to Charlton and then Right onto A505 to Luton. Turn R to Offley and Up Hill. Down to Lilley Road where Right.At Crossroads Take Stoney Hill North. Then first Right and follow to Church Road back to Lilley Bottom Road where Left. Follow to Whitwell. Right up Horn Hill and across to Kimpton where Left and then Right up Ballslough Hill. On to Cross Roads past Crossed Keys PH. Here turn Left down to Wheathampstead Rabout where Left. First Left into Codicote Road. Follow to Ayot St Peter Road where Right. Finish 400m up this road. 31 Miles.

is this deliberately wrong Tony?

Sam the Eagle
28-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Turn Right to Charlton and then Right onto A505 to Luton. Turn R to Offley and Up Hill. Down to Lilley Road where Right

He is right you know. Replace all rights in quote with lefts - dinner was burning at the time a wrote this. OOOOOps.

Badger
28-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Turn Right to Charlton and then Right onto A505 to Luton. Turn R to Offley and Up Hill. Down to Lilley Road where Right

He is right you know. Replace all rights in quote with lefts - dinner was burning at the time a wrote this. OOOOOps.

I thought you were trying to get Roger lost

The Bish
28-02-2005, 11:31 PM

well if you are available that weekend you should be in the Cotswolds

Arrive back from Majorca Fri evening already with negative house points, don't think "Hello I'm off for a cycling weekend, byeee" would go down too well. :oops:

The Bish
28-02-2005, 11:34 PM
Sam could you cast your eagle eye over your original and edit it please, otherwise it might be a double malt loaf trip :!:

The Bish
01-03-2005, 04:26 PM
Tried to follow it on the map but the ony Rabout I can find is Al-Rabout in South Lebanon. Can't be the right one because it isn't a hilly area.

Heffalump
01-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Tried to follow it on the map but the ony Rabout I can find is Al-Rabout in South Lebanon. Can't be the right one because it isn't a hilly area.

Calm down dear and have a nice slice of Soreen. Tony's just resorting to Psy-Ops to try and slow you down. Have a look on the Welly Wheelies website, or give that nice Mr.Wagging-Horn a ring on 01707-327011 :wink:

The Bish
01-03-2005, 04:56 PM
Calm down dear and have a nice slice of Soreen. Tony's just resorting to Psy-Ops to try and slow you down. Have a look on the Welly Wheelies website, or give that nice Mr.Wagging-Horn a ring on 01707-327011 :wink:

He's trying to show me a few short cuts 'cos we're gonna win the team prize :lol: maybe

Took a look at the Well in Wheelers web site, what a grand job Badger does on ours.

Badger
01-03-2005, 05:42 PM

He's trying to show me a few short cuts 'cos we're gonna win the team prize :lol: maybe

Took a look at the Well in Wheelers web site, what a grand job Badger does on ours.

I work with Tim Chandler who is the web meister for the WW. Maybe I should have a word...

as for team prize, who is in this team Roger? Coz Tony is racing at Herne Hill Good Friday. We could get Ian Short to ride. He was a top tester in his day. As for third man, what about Trev?

Who's entering the race btw. Can you put your name on the thread for Millennium Trophy Events

I may do the Stortford Hilly as well. Thats' a good one.

big'un
01-03-2005, 10:58 PM
yes i am up for this :lol:
i have had a a look at the link to get the form to register cannt find it :roll:
badge.... help me please.
just to confirm it is on good friday.
would like ride around the route ASAP if anyone is going. :D

Sam the Eagle
01-03-2005, 11:16 PM
How about gentle ride around on the coming Saturday.

Badger
01-03-2005, 11:22 PM
How about gentle ride around on the coming Saturday.

How about a race? The Welwyn Wheelers do a handicap training race Saturday mornings round the hilly course. Starts at the track at 9.30. I tried it two weeks ago and lastest 20 minutes.

Sam the Eagle
02-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah in muttly style husky voice. :D

Badger
02-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah in muttly style husky voice. :D

Honest they do. Four groups; when I went my group didn't actually start until 9.45. They finish with one lap of the track. Bit like Paris-Roubaix.

Go_Live
07-03-2005, 02:29 PM
Has someone got the correct route available then :?:

Sam the Eagle
07-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Look back a page inc corrections.

Go_Live
07-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Look back a page inc corrections.
Is your 1st post correct then?

clubber
07-03-2005, 05:56 PM
What about riding round it this Saturday?

Sam the Eagle
07-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Not queit but my second corrrects it. I do not know my right from my left.

clubber
07-03-2005, 06:10 PM
If some one knows the route we could ride it this Saturday?

Badger
07-03-2005, 06:19 PM
If some one knows the route we could ride it this Saturday?

I'd personally rather do a longer ride on Saturday

We could do it Sunday morning instead.

big'un
07-03-2005, 06:33 PM
i would like to have a ride round, sunday would e good foor me :)

Go_Live
07-03-2005, 09:06 PM
i'm up for that Trev, racing on sat so can't ride it then :D

Rusty Ryder-Brown
09-03-2005, 01:18 PM
Would like to ride it on Sunday too. Possible meeting place and time?

big'un
11-03-2005, 05:48 PM

Rocket
do you want to do this on sunday :lol:
were are you racing tomorrow :?:

Go_Live
11-03-2005, 06:05 PM

Rocket
riding the eastwat tommorow,
Brian Evans Tells me there is a Herts Wheelers 10 around the cole green circuit on Sunday so i may do that, are you interested???
I'll do the welwyn hilly afterwards if i've got anything left

big'un
11-03-2005, 10:24 PM

Rocket
Brian Evans Tells me there is a Herts Wheelers 10 around the cole green circuit on Sunday so i may do that, are you interested???

let me know if you are going to do it.... ill give it a go but would like to do the hilly after.

Badger
11-03-2005, 10:27 PM

Rocket

let me know if you are going to do it.... ill give it a go but would like to do the hilly after.

well I want to do it. Race starts at 10.00 so you two could be ready by 10.30 I guess. I could meet you at the finish and take you on a gentle ride around the course.

May not be out tomorrow. Just got back from a two day training course in Prague and am shattered.

big'un
12-03-2005, 06:12 PM

Rocket

well I want to do it. Race starts at 10.00 so you two could be ready by 10.30 I guess. I could meet you at the finish and take you on a gentle ride around the course.

May not be out tomorrow. Just got back from a two day training course in Prague and am shattered.

rocket/badger
are we doing this tomorrow :?:
rocket shall we do the TT :lol: come on you know you want to :lol:

Go_Live
12-03-2005, 08:01 PM

Rocket

rocket/badger
Trev,

Brian said to be at cole green at 9.45 to ride, 2 to enter, i don't feel to great at the moment, i'll decide in the morning, i'll be there for 9.45 anyway if i'm riding it or not. I spoke to Richard today and he told me the course and i think i know it.
Badge, what do u want to do???

big'un
12-03-2005, 08:41 PM

Rocket

rocket/badger
Trev,

Brain said to be at cole green at 9.45 to ride, 2 to enter, i don't feel to great at the moment, i'll decide in the morning, i'll be there for 9.45 anyway if i'm riding it or not. I spoke to Richard today and he told me the course and i think i know it.
Badge, what do u want to do???

ok
if we dont fancy the tt then we can have an easy ride around the hilly course.
seeya in the morning

Badger
12-03-2005, 10:28 PM
dunno

I think I will stay in bed

Badger
13-03-2005, 01:24 PM
got up about 10.30 and met Jim and Chris at Vanstones

Did you two race? Got any results?

Go_Live
13-03-2005, 05:44 PM

Yeh we did the 10 on restricted gears 72'' was the limit but i only had 39/15 - 70.2 and trev only had 42/15 - 70.9. It was bloody windy so we were reving like hell (or not at all as it was just as quick to freewheel) to birch green and grinding back on the 414 3 times, good workout tho. Trev caught me in the last 1/2 mile but didn't pinch my arse so he couldn't have been trying :D .

We then did the welwyn hilly circuit - which was nice :? offley just kills every time :oops:

Badger
13-03-2005, 06:22 PM

Yeh we did the 10 on restricted gears 72'' was the limit but i only had 39/15 - 70.2 and trev only had 42/15 - 70.9. It was bloody windy so we were reving like hell (or not at all as it was just as quick to freewheel) to birch green and grinding back on the 414 3 times, good workout tho. Trev caught me in the last 1/2 mile but didn't pinch my arse so he couldn't have been trying :D .

We then did the welwyn hilly circuit - which was nice :? offley just kills every time :oops:

times please

Go_Live
13-03-2005, 07:09 PM

times pleasecan't remember

big'un
14-03-2005, 07:51 AM

times please

they will be posted on there web site..... they told me this when they were asking if i spelt berk like this :lol:

Badger
14-03-2005, 08:38 AM
RESULT.

Restricted Competition

Alan Headland 26 mins 56 secs
Ian Hayter 27 mins 08 secs
Barry Page 28 mins 46 secs
Paul Fennel 29 mins 04 secs
Chris Walker 31 mins 47 secs

Brian Evans (2nd claim) 26 mins 15 secs
Phil Young (Unrestricted) 26 mins 13 secs

Private riders (unrestricted apparently):
George Olive 28 mins 02 secs
Trevor Burke 26 mins 25 secs

Go_Live
14-03-2005, 09:19 AM
RESULT.

Restricted Competition

Rubbish, max gear i used was 39-15 thats 2'' less than allowed :twisted:
Do they really think i'd do 28 mins for a 10 :lol: :lol:

Go_Live
14-03-2005, 09:23 AM
RESULT.

Restricted Competition

Somethings not right there either, theres no way trev took 37 secs out of me in the last 1/2 mile :?

Go_Live
14-03-2005, 10:08 PM
http://www.herts-wheelers.org.uk/pics/2005-group.jpg
What d'ya think Trev, new strips suit us :lol:

big'un
14-03-2005, 10:51 PM

dont think i would get into one of those skin suites :lol: :lol:

big'un
14-03-2005, 10:53 PM
i know we went round the hilly course on sunday but i want to do it again at the weekend, is there anywhere i can get a map of the course :roll: just incase i get lost on my own :lol:

Go_Live
14-03-2005, 10:59 PM
i know we went round the hilly course on sunday but i want to do it again at the weekend, is there anywhere i can get a map of the course :roll: just incase i get lost on my own :lol:
got the cotswolds trip this weekend, but instead of doing a short ride when we get there, allan and I are going to ride the welwyn hilly circuit friday morning, interested??

big'un
15-03-2005, 10:22 PM
got the cotswolds trip this weekend, but instead of doing a short ride when we get there, allan and I are going to ride the welwyn hilly circuit friday morning, interested??

sorry cannt make it, i am in london first thing on friday......you have a good ride. :lol:
rocket you must know were i can down load a map :roll:

Heffalump
16-03-2005, 08:23 AM

Better submit this photo to the fashion police for possible action :twisted: ..... these guys look like melting Soleros :lol:

Badger
16-03-2005, 08:39 AM

Better submit this photo to the fashion police for possible action :twisted: ..... these guys look like melting Soleros :lol:

one of the reasons I left them

Sam the Eagle
16-03-2005, 08:47 AM
And when you left it doubled the average age of the members.

BTW do you think that is Phil Youngs new racing position?

Heffalump
16-03-2005, 09:11 AM
And when you left it doubled the average age of the members.

BTW do you think that is Phil Youngs new racing position?

Think he arrived just in the nick of time for the group photo, locked up both wheels, shot off the saddle and has crushed his nuts on the back of his ahead stem :lol:

big'un
16-03-2005, 02:28 PM
bish
if you are back and can get out :lol: i will be having ride around the hilly course on saturday morning :)
give me a shout if you get this mess.

big'un
16-03-2005, 02:35 PM
bish
if you are back and can get out :lol: i will be having ride around the hilly course on saturday morning :)
give me a shout if you get this mess.

Whippet
16-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Is there an echo here??? :lol: