PDA

View Full Version : Angliasport

PNuT
24-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Can someone explain to me the implications of angliasport canceling their event for the 3rd time(i believe) as far as the errl is concerned?

i noticed they managed to get 8 riders entered into the interbike RR this weekend :roll:

racyrich
24-08-2007, 04:01 PM
I imagine the reasons for cancelling, besides the low entry, will have to be very good indeed to allow them to keep their membership. Assuming they actually want to stay.
I don't go much for this low entry = cancelled excuse. I'm sure we've all ridden races with under 20 riders. Less than 10 even at Eastway. Some events make money, some lose. If you expect low, as after 2 years of cancelling surely you must, then budget on that basis!

ChrisB
24-08-2007, 04:18 PM
This has already been discussed by the committee. The race was cancelled not because of a low entry, but because there was insufficient support from within the club to be able to put on a safe race. The decision was made that without knowing more about the situation, it was fairer on the riders, and organisers who had already accepted Angliasport riders entries for their races, to keep the status quo for the remainder of the season. Angliasport will not be elligible for ERRL membership next year.

Nick E
24-08-2007, 08:27 PM
I guess this will force keen riders to go to other clubs :?:
Obviously having a knock-on effect to the "proportional representation" rule :!:

VC Baracchi welcomes riders from Colchester/Essex area :!:
There's quite a few riders who live round this way who ride for an Essex Club :!:
It's only fair :lol:

stuart chatting
14-09-2007, 05:11 PM
if angliasport are not in the errl will this mean that will will not get a ride in any race or just will we be put to the bottom of the list after all the errl clubs

ChrisB
14-09-2007, 05:39 PM
if angliasport are not in the errl will this mean that will will not get a ride in any race or just will we be put to the bottom of the list after all the errl clubs

As per the rules, Angliasport members will be treated like any other non-member. Preference is given to ERRL members, and any space left over will be allocated to non-members, at the organisers discretion.