PDA

View Full Version : Reliability Sunday 6th Feb

Rogers Brother
18-01-2005, 12:54 PM
I am staying in Potters Bar that weekend and wondered if anyone else is riding to the Harp Reliability trial from PB that I could meet up with.

Go_Live
18-01-2005, 01:04 PM
I am staying in Potters Bar that weekend and wondered if anyone else is riding to the Harp Reliability trial from PB that I could meet up with.
Big'un (Trevor) lives in Potters Bar and I live 2 miles down the road. If the Hemel one goes alright I may ride over, what bike are you going to use??

Badger
18-01-2005, 01:45 PM
I'm doing it but I'm going to drive out from Welwyn

Heffalump
18-01-2005, 02:44 PM
I'm doing it but I'm going to drive out from Welwyn

You've obviously been caught out like this before haven't you Badge :wink: :lol:

big'un
18-01-2005, 04:15 PM

bish as your brother is staying in Potters Bar i will send details of the local grab a granny nighy at the Roxy...... well you did say he was a bit of an old bloke with baggy licra, would go down well :lol: :lol:

whilst i a am always looking for a challenge riding over there with one of the bish boys, doing the ride and then having a ride back :roll: :roll: could be a bit much for a big boy.

big'un
18-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Big'un (Trevor) lives in Potters Bar and I live 2 miles down the road. If the Hemel one goes alright I may ride over, what bike are you going to use??

if we are riding with the bish brothers a motorbike :lol: :lol:

Rogers Brother
18-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Big'un (Trevor) lives in Potters Bar and I live 2 miles down the road. If the Hemel one goes alright I may ride over, what bike are you going to use??Winter/training bike or don't they need to put salt on the roads in the sunny south anymore what with global warming.

if we are riding with the bish brothers a motorbike :lol: :lol:
:shock: and don't believe what my brother tells you! But will you be out on the saturday as well? Perhaps for a shorter brisk ride?

Rogers Brother
31-01-2005, 09:42 PM
So how can I meet up with you all this weekend I would like to go for a ride on saturday not too long but finishing with some through and off and to meet up with those riding to the start of the Harp R Trial
Looking forward to putting names to faces although as a result of using aluminium pans in my youth I will struggle to go from nickname to real name and associate a face :?

Whippet
02-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Just looked at the weather forecast for the weekend -5 :shock: on Saturday night. And there is meant to be some rain during Saturday :!: :!: We might be better off with ice skates or perhaps stabilisers for Sunday if so.

Badger
02-02-2005, 12:15 PM
Count me out if it's icy

see forecast

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2110

very cold overnight and maximum of 3 Sunday so if it's wet there'll be ice

Heffalump
02-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Count me out if it's icy

Me too....icy = dicey = not so nicey :wink:

Rogers Brother
02-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Count me out if it's icy

see forecast

How about a ride on Sunday using roads that will be gritted (how much of the Reliability trial route will be gritted?) Seems a shame to waste the sunshine.

Rogers Brother
02-02-2005, 01:29 PM
Just looked at the weather forecast for the weekend -5 :shock: on Saturday night. And there is meant to be some rain during Saturday :!: :!: We might be better off with ice skates or perhaps stabilisers for Sunday if so.
Latest dry on saturday.

Badger
02-02-2005, 01:29 PM
Count me out if it's icy

see forecast

How about a ride on Sunday using roads that will be gritted (how much of the Reliability trial route will be gritted?) Seems a shame to waste the sunshine.

Gritted roads are main roads usually so not much fun.
I'm going to keep an eye on weather forecast and if it stays the same I'll probably do the longer ride on Saturday and stay in bed Sunday.

Sam the Eagle
02-02-2005, 02:03 PM
So how can I meet up with you all this weekend I would like to go for a ride on saturday not too long but finishing with some through and off

I will not be out on Sun but would like to do a ride on Sat. What are people up for? Give me distance, time and effort. I just want to know so that I dont come out expecting a good thrashing and end up feeling cheated cos everyone else wants a noodle and a chat.

Badger
02-02-2005, 03:20 PM
So how can I meet up with you all this weekend I would like to go for a ride on saturday not too long but finishing with some through and off

I will not be out on Sun but would like to do a ride on Sat. What are people up for? Give me distance, time and effort. I just want to know so that I dont come out expecting a good thrashing and end up feeling cheated cos everyone else wants a noodle and a chat.

when was the last time someone in the North Road gave you a good thrashing ? :shock:

Heffalump
02-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Its a toughie isn't it :?: Think I'll play this one by ear and wait till the last minute for the forecasts. Would rather do the Harp, than anything else this weekend :wink:

The Bish
02-02-2005, 04:47 PM
Just been chatting to Rogers Brother:

Usual meet at triangle (ride out from P'Bar)
An hour or so steady pace
Half an hour ish of brisk through and off or bit & bit if it's just the two of us.

So probably head for Silver Ball and cut across to Buntingford, Hare Street, Puckeridge, A10, Hertford, steady ride to PB.
Adjust route if nec. according to time taken.

If very icy on Sunday, long local ride on bigger roads, Codicote to Hitchin etc.

Sam the Eagle
02-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Cheers for response lads. Wish I was on the Harp too but Mrs Eagle is planning a 2 hour run on Suday and is dead wary of letting me off the leash after last Sunday - apparently I was out for 6 hours :roll:

Whippet
03-02-2005, 09:06 AM
Typical weather forecasts, now changed to above freezing on Saturday and light rain Sunday. I think that I will play it by ear, not going to make the journey up if the weather's dodgy.

Badger
03-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Typical weather forecasts, now changed to above freezing on Saturday and light rain Sunday. I think that I will play it by ear, not going to make the journey up if the weather's dodgy.

yea good news weather looks ok now

in fact looks positively balmy

Heffalump
03-02-2005, 12:29 PM

yea good news weather looks ok now

in fact looks positively balmy

Oh yes indeedy :D It's shaping up to be a shorts and hot balm outing :wink: :lol:

Heffalump
04-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Just checked the forecast again and made my decision. Family duty tomorrow, Harp on Sunday for deffo :wink: See you boys outside the Rocket ranch at 8.00am on Sunday morning :D

Badger
04-02-2005, 01:05 PM
I'll be driving out with Tim Chandler from the Welwyn.

That's if I can get rid of this sore throat :cry:

Heffalump
04-02-2005, 01:43 PM
I'll be driving out with Tim Chandler from the Welwyn.

That's if I can get ride of this sore throat :cry:

The cyclists freudian slip :?: :lol: