PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Saturday's Ride

Go_Live
11-01-2005, 02:17 PM
As mentioned in other thread
we could do the loop twice maybe to get the miles in, first lap easy-steady, 2nd lap quick What d'ya think

Heffalump
11-01-2005, 03:04 PM
2 laps of the hardriders you say :shock: ........(fingering crucifix).....Hmm, think I'll give that a miss. Personally, I would much prefer to stick to current endurance format, with some speed work/through and off, tacked onto the end. Either way, I'll be at the Triangle for 9.30 on Saturday :wink:

Whippet
11-01-2005, 03:05 PM
2 laps of the hardriders you say :shock: ........(fingering crucifix).....Hmm, think I'll give that a miss. Personally, I would much prefer to stick to current endurance format, with some speed work/through and off, tacked onto the end. Either way, I'll be at the Triangle for 9.30 on Saturday :wink:

ESPECIALLY if you're been on the curry the night before :roll:

Heffalump
11-01-2005, 03:10 PM

ESPECIALLY if you're been on the curry the night before :roll:

Too bloody right Neil :shock: :lol: :lol:

Rusty Ryder-Brown
11-01-2005, 03:25 PM
I don't necessarily agree that it should be this saturday for the curry reason and the fact that it is not called the hardriders for nothing! That would have to be called the 'ard as nails riders if we did it twice...
But I would like to ride it before this March to get to know the course and then ride it in my own time. So is there a time at which, perhaps a Sunday, somebody who knows the course wouldn't mind taking a few of us virgins out on it???? :wink:

Badger
11-01-2005, 04:03 PM
I don't necessarily agree that it should be this saturday for the curry reason and the fact that it is not called the hardriders for nothing! That would have to be called the 'ard as nails riders if we did it twice...
But I would like to ride it before this March to get to know the course and then ride it in my own time. So is there a time at which, perhaps a Sunday, somebody who knows the course wouldn't mind taking a few of us virgins out on it???? :wink:

I could lead out on this Sunday 16th for one lap
Who's up for it?

Boxter Boy
11-01-2005, 06:59 PM
I used to do it 3 times before breakfast, and the 3rd lap on the big ring only!

H

Sam the Eagle
11-01-2005, 07:48 PM
taking a few of us virgins out

Some one mention virgins :twisted:

Sam the Eagle
11-01-2005, 08:04 PM
On the issue of a Sat ride - here's a thought.

Up to Ashwell via Sandon and Kelshall then out on the Northfield Road (Belgium) to Eyeworth and Dunton across to Langford and Shillington, then Lilley via Gravel Hill :twisted: before whizzing down the Lilley road into Whitwell with a few choices of how to get home.

Rusty Ryder-Brown
11-01-2005, 08:46 PM
I am up for this Sunday Badge

Badger
11-01-2005, 09:55 PM
I am up for this Sunday Badge

Bonza

big'un
11-01-2005, 10:22 PM
George what these guys dont understand is that we do most of this ride getting to the meet point on a saturday... then the other part to get home

what we can do is a complete loop on the way home on saturday :roll: :roll:

we could do the loop twice maybe to get the miles in, first lap easy-steady, 2nd lap quick What d'ya think

Go_Live
11-01-2005, 10:45 PM
George what these guys dont understand is that we do most of this ride getting to the meet point on a saturday... then the other part to get home

what we can do is a complete loop on the way home on saturday :roll: :roll:

Good Idea Trev, or we could do a loop before, meet you next to queenswood at 7.00 OK :wink:

V D Hoogan
11-01-2005, 11:29 PM
I used to do it 3 times before breakfast, and the 3rd lap on the big ring only!

H Was that when you were homing your fine testing skills Boxter :wink:

Boxter Boy
12-01-2005, 07:56 AM
You know I Never trained, raw talent,

Vicks Vapor Rub, and A large Soreen was all that was required!

"Testing skills, Rather stick my D##K in a bees nest" but did get in the top 20 round the "proper Hardriders Circuit"

There can Be only One!

The Bish
12-01-2005, 10:12 AM
......Rather stick my D##K in a bees nest........
There can Be only One!

Now there's an idea.

Heffalump
12-01-2005, 10:40 AM
......Rather stick my D##K in a bees nest........
There can Be only One!

Now there's an idea.

:idea: Ooh, Ooh, BAGS ME FIRST :!: :twisted: Grabs mallard from pond and sticks its arsche in nearest bee hive...........and the point of this is :?: :roll: :lol:

The Bish
12-01-2005, 10:48 AM
I think the side effects of the "Belgian Mix" are becoming all too apparent.

Heffalump
12-01-2005, 11:07 AM
I think the side effects of the "Belgian Mix" are becoming all too apparent.

I clue a haven't talking about what you're, Bish :!: :twisted: (falls flat on face, unconscious and soils troosers, legs still pedalling) :oops: :lol:

Rusty Ryder-Brown
12-01-2005, 06:06 PM
And I thought this was a semi-serious cycling site!!! I don't want to know anyone's sexual predelictions, how many times they do it before breakfast, and especially if they use the big ring exclusively for the third time!!!! Let this be a smut free zone... I am an evening man myself...!

Boxter Boy
13-01-2005, 07:34 AM
Always got to hammer the big rusty ring !

Heffalump
14-01-2005, 08:41 AM
Always got to hammer the big rusty ring !

You can trust Boxter to rub it in, Rusty (Fnarr, Fnarr,etc) :wink: :lol:

Rusty Ryder-Brown
14-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Yeah, as long as he rubs it in all over...a very trustyworthy young man I am told!

Boxter Boy
14-01-2005, 05:32 PM
Lads theres only one thing worse than being talked about- Not being talked about!

There can be only one!

Heffalump
17-01-2005, 04:07 PM
Lads theres only one thing worse than being talked about- Not being talked about!

There can be only one!

Where were you on Saturday morning Mr.H :?: ....... face down in a pile of cobra bottles and congealing chicken dhansak, sans strides, perhaps :?: :lol:

Badger
17-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Goodwin Hunting

classic 8) :D

The Bish
21-01-2005, 02:40 PM
Two mates from the vet college will be riding on saturday (22/01), Adrian & Dan. Both are surgeons so make sure they are nearby when you have your heart attack!

Mr Eagle, I think you have met them on the road.

Badger
21-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Two mates from the vet college will be riding on saturday (22/01), Adrian & Dan. Both are surgeons so make sure they are nearby when you have your heart attack!

Ate they a member of a club. If they are less than 40 then perhaps they should join the W***** W*******.

The Bish
21-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Ate they a member of a club. If they are less than 40 then perhaps they should join the W***** W*******.

Badger I think you have finally flipped, what's all this worry about being eaten, have you been having those strange nightmares again?!

(They are late 30s I would think, so you are right, a bit young for the NRCC)

Sam the Eagle
21-01-2005, 04:48 PM
I do know these men and have had my legs tugged by both in a cycling specific way. Am pleased they are planning to join us - whenever I have seen them I have tried to get them to join us at the triangle as I am sure has Mr Bish.

I will not be out on Saturday. Ruth is off to replenish her tollerance for me by spending a w/e away with her mates. I will be taking the two little eagles off to gym instead. If there is to be a fast ride and the weather is OK I would suggest a ride out to Ashwell and back via either the golf course or Flint Crouse. Rolling through until the last 20 miles followed by through and orfff.

Go_Live
21-01-2005, 04:50 PM
I will be taking the two little eagles off to gym instead.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rogers Brother
29-01-2005, 10:16 AM
And I thought this was a semi-serious cycling site!!! I
How can that be you don't even shave your legs :)

Rogers Brother
29-01-2005, 10:18 AM

But keep clear if they get the arm length rubber gloves out :oops: