PDA

View Full Version : Maldon RR

notsoracy rich
05-04-2006, 07:15 PM
Anyone got a start sheet for this yet?

Rich

txorme
05-04-2006, 07:31 PM
I have - you're not on it which i was surprised about.

notsoracy rich
05-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Thanks Trev,
I posted my entry in january, looks like its the' Curse of the Interbike' again-having entered this race for the last 10 or so years without a problem, for some reason it seems to be my turn to not get a ride.

Rich

ChrisB
05-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Still should have had your entry back well before now, though.

So, clearly we've got some unhappy riders from the early races this season. How do we sort this out? I have an idea.

How about, if you're a member of a league club, you enter through a 'club rep'? THe rep can then forward the riders' details on to some league official, who then choses the field, and passes this on to the organiser, with the total entry fees. Non-league riders enter direct to the organiser, who can then return any over-subscribed riders? This will allow consistent field selection, and this can be communicated back to the club reps even before closing date, indicating how many from each club will get a ride. That way, it's essentially up to the club as to who gets a ride, so they can choose to enter the strongest riders, or rotate entries so that riders each get a shout?

Opinions welcome from riders and organisers alike.

Ben
05-04-2006, 09:42 PM
What is selection currently based on? Date of posting entry? Points?

Personally, I'd be happy to enter via club rep.

ChrisB
05-04-2006, 09:49 PM
What is selection currently based on? Date of posting entry? Points?

Entirely up to the organiser, although they're supposed to follow ERRL guidelines.

txorme
05-04-2006, 09:52 PM
We (interbike) had always accepted entries on date of receipt but having spoken to a few organisers some select their own field. It does seem odd that Richard's entry wasn't accepted - i sent mine after jan and got in so perhaps it got lost as he's not even a reserve.

Ben
05-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Entirely up to the organiser, although they're supposed to follow ERRL guidelines.

Which are?

Nick E
05-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Just to add an extra angle on this guys.

I sent my entry in last year on the Senior race and did not get in, in fact the organiser had no recollection of my entry at all.

I received my entry back, 3 months later via Belfast, which i think is the Post Office's redirection service!!!!

In a way i was glad as i was going like a dog last year and would've retired early in the race anyway. Looks like i saved a few quid.....and a kicking :twisted:

PNuT
06-04-2006, 04:50 AM
http://www.veloriders.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=35520

Lion-O
06-04-2006, 08:48 AM
Entering via a club rep is an option, but wouldnt said rep be swamped with enties for all the events coming up in the next few months? the league has a fair amount of races this year.

Ben McCluskey

ChrisB
06-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Entering via a club rep is an option, but wouldnt said rep be swamped with enties for all the events coming up in the next few months? the league has a fair amount of races this year.

We'd have to make it as streamlined as possible. I'd probably want to introduce registration, so each club rider has to register their details with the league (no fee) before they can race. Probably get a membership number or something. So the club rep would only be forwarding membership numbers to the league. I'd have to talk with the committee, but it would be good to come up with a convenient arrangement for payments too, so that clubs could pay a month at a time. I think I'd probably want to choose fields at the closing date, so no mileage in entering well in advance. Of course, if we get this right, then the next step will be on-line entry...

notsoracy rich
06-04-2006, 03:32 PM
I've just had a reply from Paul Bradley-he hasn't received my entry, so good old Royal Mail scores again!
Its rather unfortunate that when entries do get lost this way you don't find out until its too late.At least if my entry had bounced it would have been returned so I would have known earlier.
What a bummer-sorry , am I allowed to say bummer on this forum,considering the circumstances and all that.

Even more notsoracy Rich.

pottsie
06-04-2006, 10:47 PM
I suggest that when posting entries you put your name and address on the back of the envelope, then if there is a problem with the address that you have sent the entry to (ie. the organiser has recently moved), the envelope will be returned to you direct and not via Belfast (I have been told this is the only place that is allowed to open mail to obtain the return address).

Barky
06-04-2006, 10:57 PM
You obviously didn't see the channel 4 expose', it seems everybody likes to open mail, especially if it's a card, got 'granny' type writing and may contain a crisp tenner. I understand only a small minority of postal workers are dishonest, but the the ones that are.............
I think they sent 9 cards and had 6 of them opened at the sorting office by money searchers.

They also keep charging extra when I post out licences to club members, is there some kind of extra tax if they think it feels like a credit card these days?

martinpa
07-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Some of the problems with entries may be down to confusion over where to send them. The address on the BC calendar and on the BC website is different from the one on this site.

My entry was also returned :(

ChrisB
07-04-2006, 06:48 PM
The website can only go on by the information it's provided with.

notsoracy rich
07-04-2006, 07:26 PM
So is it Larch Way or Larch Walk?

notsoracy rich
07-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Or even Boons Close?

notsoracy rich
08-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Have a good ride chaps,
especially the Interbike chaps :)

Rich

PaulBradley
09-04-2006, 09:31 PM
To all those confused about the address I did move during the receiving of entries but anything sent to the address in the BCF race calender (Larch Walk) was collected be me. If you did not get a ride or a reply it was because I did not recieve an entry. A pain but it sometimes does happen.
My (and the club's) congratulations to the winners and thanks to all who turned out to make another successful day for the annual club races. We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Paul Bradley
MAD CC race organiser

ChrisB
09-04-2006, 09:38 PM
Hey Paul,

how about e-mailing me the result for the website?

PaulBradley
09-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Yes, I will send you the results in the next day or so (the rest of the day has been bike bloody free!).

For those who have missed out on a ride due to an entry going astray I am sorry if you missed out but I can only process what I recieve. There is no problem dropping me an email prior to the closing date to check whether I have received your entry or not. A phone call is not much use since i cannot remember every entry but I do process them regularly as I recieve them.

needmorespeed
11-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Would it not be a good idea to have an annoucement on this forum if any details concerning any road race in the ERRL have changed after the BC calendar has been published.
This would alert people, and they could contact the organiser to check their entry has been received before the closing date and not waiting until they hear they are not on the start sheet.

Any chance of a lap board and a bell next year?

Tony C. Glendene CC

PNuT
12-04-2006, 06:01 AM

Tony C. Glendene CC

:lol: that might have been even more confusing!

dstaite
12-04-2006, 08:02 AM

Tony C. Glendene CC

:lol: that might have been even more confusing!

I heard a bell, lap board I never saw, I thought at one point it was last man riding :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice circuit and good finishing hill...

Hard earned 25 though :shock:

Any pictures yet?

cheers
Dan

Nigel Grainge
12-04-2006, 03:30 PM
A possible solution for "entry received" problems might be for organisers (who have use of PC and Internet) to do the same as I did this year for my race.
E-mail the rider as entry is received to confirm receipt.
95% of my entries had e-mail addresses on the entry form and I e-mailed them to confirm I had received it...
A little more time consuming (any race organiser will know what I mean...) but effective.

It seemed to have worked for me, what do others think??

Nigel

ChrisB
12-04-2006, 03:39 PM
As I said earlier in the thread, central administration. No lost entries, no uncertainty about who'll get a ride, cheaper costs for the organiser - probably send a single start sheet to each club rep, and we'd have confirmed ERRL riders for each event listed on the web on the closing date.

James W
12-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Central administration from the BC web site could make things sooo much easier... And half of it's already in place - Once you've logged in and clicked on a race you'd like to enter, the form could be filled in straight away - BC know your results and points, they know your personal details, and they know the details of the race you're trying to enter. We could pay on-line with a debit/credit card (although BC probably wouldn't like that as it would require more staff to process payments?). The race organiser could handle any queries, by logging in. Or we could just pay up as we sign on at the race... Pretty good, as long as you've got an internet connection!

ChrisB
13-04-2006, 05:32 PM
I think the BC will be a way off doing that, James. What I was suggesting has already been outlined further up this thread.

Chris

ChrisB
13-04-2006, 05:33 PM
I think the BC will be a way off doing that, James. What I was suggesting has already been outlined further up this thread.

Chris