PDA

View Full Version : What does 3J actually mean?

The_boy
26-01-2006, 01:15 PM
I got my racing a couple of days ago. It seems that I'm now a 3rd cat junior. Does this mean that I can enter any 3rd cat events including events like the divs. and other 1.2.3 events or do I need a dispensation?

Adam Bedford

ChrisB
26-01-2006, 01:25 PM
You're essentially a third cat now, and can enter any races open to third cats. You'll notice the BC handbook won't mention juniors much any more, except for national championship/series events.

EDIT - you won't be able to ride the divs, as these events specifically exclude junior riders.

The_boy
26-01-2006, 07:28 PM
Thanks chris. I figured the divs would be a little tough anyway...lol

pottsie
27-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Don't forget the Region's Junior Champs, they are incorporated in the Angliasport ERRL event on 3rd September, all categories of junior can ride.

PNuT
27-01-2006, 06:11 PM
Thanks chris. I figured the divs would be a little tough anyway...lol

easier than the jock & the festival road race allegedly

ChrisB
07-02-2006, 01:31 PM
Easier than the Jock, probably the same as the Festival. A division championship will generally be 'easier' than a top-level elite race because there won't be as many elites riding. With only one or two top level events each weekend, you get elites from a wide area riding them, whereas at the divs, only local elites can ride. The festival, whilst being an open event, never seems to attract a really top-quality field - so you get the odd chipper (http://www.questronics.supanet.com/archives/RR%20Senior.html) winning it :wink:

pottsie
07-02-2006, 02:14 PM
The list of ECCA winners on your link were not always the winner of the event, as the trophy goes to the first ECCA rider. This year the trophy winner was 6th in the event.

Joan Potts

ChrisB
07-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Ah, but the winner in 2000 WAS the winner of the event. And you'll never catch him winning a top-flite elite race...

pottsie
07-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Point taken, but I did not want anyone thinking that the list was a list of winners of the event.